For Singapore 1000:
To qualify for the ranking, companies must satisfy the following criteria:
- Be registered with the Accounting & Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA) as a limited or private limited company. Only limited exempt private companies, which voluntarily submit their audited financial statements, or whose financials are available from ACRA, will be included in the ranking exercise. Branches of foreign companies, Cooperatives and Company Limited by Guarantee are excluded.
- Have conducted at least 2 full years of operation.
- Have relevant audited financial statements directly submitted to DP Information Network Pte Ltd or be available from ACRA. Companies will be excluded from the ranking where the information is not available or incomplete. Examples include the limited exempt private companies which are not required to file their financial statements or where Sales/Turnover figures are not presented in the audited statements.
For Singapore SME 1000:
- Have an annual Sales/Turnover and Net Profit After Tax of less than SGD 100 million.
- Have at least 30% Singapore local equity ownership and not be a subsidiary of a Singapore Public Listed Company.
For Singapore International 100:
- Have presence in at least 1 country outside Singapore (presence is defined as including export, overseas branches or offices, overseas distributors or agents, representative office, franchising). Where 100% of the company’s Sales/Turnover is generated outside Singapore, the Steering Committee will decide on the suitability of the company in being listed as a Singapore International 100 Company.
- Company must be profitable during the ranking period.
- For public listed companies, they must be incorporated in Singapore and listed on the Singapore Exchange (SGX).
- For non-listed companies, they must have at least 30% Singapore equity.
- With completed survey forms submitted to DP Information Network Pte Ltd or with clear breakdown of local and overseas Sales/Turnover in their audited annual reports (for public listed companies). Companies will be excluded from the ranking where the information is not available or incomplete.